Manufacturing Associate- Full time ~40 hours per week, M-F
The Team: Manufacturing & Delivery team
Our Manufacturing & Delivery team is the backbone of our company, and we are looking to add individuals to our growing team who have an attention to detail, exceptional work ethic, and interest in working in product manufacturing. The Manufacturing team is responsible for delivering the highest quality products to our customers in a timely, safe and efficient manner.
The Position: Manufacturing Associate
The Bryr Manufacturing Associate is a team player who loves to work with their hands in a job that is predominately physical. As an associate, you will come into the position with a passion and proven skill for making beautiful products, however there is no requirement for technical experience in clog making. We are excited to teach you our processes and train you on how we make the best clogs in the world! (See below to learn more about our paid training program.)
This job is meant for you if you’re a focused, efficient and detail-oriented person, who loves to make beautiful products in a collaborative way. This is meant for you if you love refining your craft through repetition and continuous improvement. Our Manufacturing Associates thrive in team-oriented places and love contributing to the success of the company.
People who prefer working solo, default to a ‘no’, lack self awareness, who are not open to feedback, do not want to grow and who do not prioritize quality, safety and efficiency need not apply.
As a Manufacturing Associate, you will learn how to make and deliver the highest quality products in our paid technical training program. In the past, most Associates were trained up in about 6 months. As a Manufacturing Associate-in-Training you will be responsible for learning all our manufacturing techniques, including stapling, lasting, cutting, prep and finishing, and learning the basics of our materials and manufacturing flow, and get to an on-track or above level.
You are part of a great team, and an important part of your job is collaborating with the whole team to meet your team's goals productively. As part of a member of the Bryr team, you will be expected to work collaboratively, safely, efficiently and conscientiously with your teammates, our customers, vendors and community.
Ultimately, we are looking for someone who has a passion for making beautiful products, loves finding innovative solutions and want to help to evolve the way we do things to make our products better and better, supports their coworkers, and is wholeheartedly enthusiastic about their own growth and the growth of our business. If this is you, we can’t wait to meet you!
CORE JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Through our in-house training program, learn all of our manufacturing processes safely, efficiently and to our high standards, including but not limited to cutting, stapling, prep, lasting and finishing.
- Once complete with training, execute our manufacturing processes, including but not limited to cutting, stapling, prep, lasting and finishing.
- Perform any new processes that we add to our production system, and give input to the continued evolution of our processes.
- Perform our quality control of our production, including following our 360-bounce-back quality control process to ensure the best possible quality of our product.
- Contribute to keeping the production space and communal spaces clean, organized and safe for everyone to use.
- Contribute suggestions in how to make our processes and products evolve and improve over time.
- Assists with inventory intake: inspecting, receiving and recording materials, notifying production teammates when there are any issues or it’s time to reorder materials
- Contributes to the overall business culture and growth using our Culture Guide as a tool for self-reflection and an ongoing commitment to self-growth, the growth in others, and the growth of the company.
- Contributes to the overall culture and business growth by participating in or leading improvement committees and projects when needed.
- As needed, works at Bryr seasonal events
- Assists with other projects as they arise
- Be excited to learn new things and willing to get feedback
- Strong making skills and commitment to quality
- Be a team player
- Have a strong work ethic
- Proficiency in reading, writing and speaking English
- No computer skills required
- 1-2 years of experience manufacturing and/or product making
Paid Training Program
- Bryr provides a paid training program for candidates who join the team without prior clog-making experience. This training includes but is not limited to; clog lasting, stapling, cutting, preps, materials education, and basic understanding of LEAN practices.
Physical Demands: This position is a manual job and involves physical labor, including but not limited to:
- Standing (approx 5-6 hours per day)
- Ability to see detail
- Lifting up to 25 lbs.
Classification & Hours
- Full time, 40 hours per week
- Part time, under 30 hours a week
- Core hours Monday-Friday 8:00am–4:30pm
- The position is located at our headquarters in the Dogpatch Area of San Francisco, and is in-person.
Compensation & Benefits
- Starting rate for this position is $23 per hour paid bimonthly
- We share a transparent path to growth within the company, including pay grid range information
Full & Part-time benefits:
- Starting rate for this position is $23 per hour paid bimonthly
- Sick hours accrued as per SF mandate.
- 10 company holidays, including one floating holiday
- Quarterly clog allowance and Friends & Family discount
- Paid training
We offer a benefits package to all our full time employees which commences after a 60 day probation period that includes the following. We will share more in-depth information regarding the benefits package during the interview process:
- Health, Dental and Vision benefits; company covers 60% of the premium and 40% of dependent coverage
- Employee 401K profit sharing; company matches 100% of employee contributions up to the first 3% of pay and then 50% of employee contributions on the next 2% of pay
- Life insurance and vision benefits; company covers 100% of the premium
- Employee accrued vacation pay, starting at 80 hours for 1st year and increasing to 120 hours on 2nd anniversary
- Supervision provided by Manufacturing Manager
Equity and Inclusion at Bryr:
- As part of our dedication to the diversity and inclusion of our workforce, Bryr Studio is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard to race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or other protected class.
- Our goal is to create a fair and equitable hiring process and we are constantly evolving our interview process to improve it. We are open to feedback if you have suggestions, please email us at email@example.com
How to Apply
To apply, please send your resume with short email introduction to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name in the subject, along with the position you are applying for.
Due to the quantity of applicants, we are unable to reply to all applicants. Thank you!