Store Retail Associate- Full and Part-time
Store Retail Associate
Last update: Sept 19 2022
Our SF shop is re-opening soon, and we are looking for some special people to join our retail team and help make our retail experience exceptional.
The Bryr Retail Associate is such an important role because they are the first point of connection to our community. We are looking for people who love making others feel welcome, and want to help them find a pair of new clogs that they feel beautiful, strong and comfortable in. We want our shop to feel beautiful, inspiring and welcoming to all, and the retail associate will be pivotal in us reaching that goal, by being friendly and welcoming, by being knowledgeable about our products and what might work best for them, and by keeping the space organized and beautiful. The shop can sometimes get busy, and we are looking for someone who handles rushes with poise and grace; making sure everyone is feeling seen and heard and keeping a head on their shoulders. This person wants to constantly grow and learn in their life and at work.
This job is meant for you if you love creating beautiful experiences and you love helping people. This job is meant for you if you are a people-person and enjoy working with our community. This job is meant for you if you love fashion and design. This job is meant for you if you stay calm, poised and focused, even during challenging or busy moments at work. This job might not be a great fit if you are don’t enjoy collaborating with others, are not humble or compassionate. This job might not be a good fit if you get stressed or flustered when things get busy or multitask. This job might not be a great fit if you aren’t willing to consider other people’s perspectives, or come to good outcomes together.
If you think this might be a good fit for you, please read the detailed job description below, and then send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with your name + 'retail associate' in the title.
Congrats for making it this far!!! Below here you'll get the more detailed job description and more information on our employee benefits...
As A Retail associate at Bryr you will be part of a wonderful team who are dedicated to giving our community a warm, welcoming and helpful experience when they visit Bryr. As a member of the of the retail team, your goal will be to collaboratively help the team to productively, efficiently and effectively meet their goals.
Areas of responsibility:
- Contribute at a high level to the overall business culture and growth using our Culture Guide as a tool for self-reflection and an ongoing commitment to self-growth, the growth in others, and the growth of the company.
- Contribute at a high level to the overall culture and business growth by participating in or leading improvement committees and projects when needed.
- Work on the retail floor, including weekends and some holidays holidays.
- In a welcoming, helpful and professional way, aid our customer in finding their best style and fit.
- Ensure that the retail facilities are clean, organized and productive to use, including end of day cleaning and as-needed cleaning.
- Check people out using our POS system
- Ensure that our in-stock merchandise is organized, accounted for and easy to use.
- Check-in inventory into our shopify backend accurately
- Assist with building compelling and effective merchandising and display for the shop.
- Assist with prep and execution of our annual in-person sample sale and other events.
- Assist and work at ongoing customer loyalty projects and events
- From time to time, reach out directly to our customers regarding orders
- As needed, coordinate with customer experience and production teams on any specific customer questions or special orders.
- As needed, assist with various studio projects
- Be committed to your own and other’s professional growth, be excited to learn new things and willing to get and give feedback
- Strong communication skills
- Strong aesthetic eye
- Strong collaboration skills
- You have worked with the public in some capacity
Physical Demands: This position is a includes working on the shop floor and require the following physical demands:
- Walking and standing (about 6-8 hours per day)
- Ability to see detail
- Lifting up to 25 lbs
Classification & Hours
- Full time and/or part time
- Wednesday-Sunday 11-7pm (These times/days may vary depending on shop opening, but this job will require working weekends and holidays)
- The position is located at our headquarters in the Dogpatch Area of San Francisco, and is in-person.
- Location: 1078/1080 Illinois Street, San Francisco, CA
Compensation & Benefits
We offer a benefits package to all our full time employees which commences after a 60 day probation period that includes the following. We will share more in-depth information regarding the benefits package during the interview process:
- Starting rate for this position is $23 per hour paid bimonthly
- Employee 401K profit sharing; company matches 100% of employee contributions up to the first 3% of pay and then 50% of employee contributions on the next 2% of pay
- Health, Dental and Vision benefits; company covers 60% of the premium and 40% of dependent coverage
- Life insurance and vision benefits; company covers 100% of the premium
- Employee accrued vacation pay, starting at 80 hours for 1st year and increasing to 120 hours on 2nd anniversary.
- Sick hours accrued as per SF mandate.
- 10 company holidays, including one floating holiday
- Commuter benefits
- Quarterly clog allowance and Friends & Family discount
- Supervision provided by Retail Manager
Equity and Inclusion at Bryr:
- As part of our dedication to the diversity and inclusion of our workforce, Bryr Studio is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard to race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or other protected class.
- Our goal is to create a fair and equitable hiring process and we are constantly evolving our interview process to improve it. We are open to feedback if you have suggestions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Apply
To apply, please send your resume with short email introduction to email@example.com. Please include your name in the subject + "Retail manager"
Due to the quantity of applicants, we are unable to reply to all applicants. Thank you!