Part time Retail Associate (week-day and weekends shifts available)
Part-Time Retail Associate (week-day and weekend shifts available)
Our SF shop is reopening this February and we are looking for warm and friendly people to join our retail team and help make our in-person retail experience excellent! The part-time retail position is perfect for people who want to join our team, are available to work weekends and want a flexible work schedule. In addition to working in our new retail shop, retail assistants will potentially work special events like our annual Sample Sale (and get first dibs on the clogs!) and get early access to the latest launches. All our employees receive a quarterly clog allowance and an employee discount.
We are looking for people who love making others feel welcome and want to help our customers find their perfect pair of Bryr clogs. We want our shop to always feel beautiful, inspiring and welcoming to all, and the retail associate will be pivotal in us reaching that goal by being friendly and welcoming, by being knowledgeable about our products and what might work best for individual customers, and by keeping the space organized and beautiful. The shop can sometimes get busy, and we are looking for someone who handles rushes with poise and grace; making sure everyone is feeling seen and heard while keeping a calm head on their shoulders.
This job is meant for you if you love creating beautiful experiences and you enjoy helping people. This job is meant for you if you are a people-person and enjoy working with our community and your teammates. This job is meant for you if you love fashion and design. This job is meant for you if you stay calm, poised and focused, even during busy moments at work. This job might not be a great fit if you don't enjoy collaborating with others, are not humble or compassionate. This job might not be a good fit if you get stressed or flustered when things get busy or while multitasking.
Here’s the full job description:
As a part time Retail associate at Bryr you will be part of a wonderful team who are dedicated to giving our community a warm, welcoming and helpful experience when they visit Bryr. As a member of the retail team, your goal will be to collaboratively help the team to productively, efficiently and effectively meet their goals.
Areas of responsibility:
- Work on the retail floor, including weekends and some holidays.
- In a welcoming, helpful and professional way, aid our customers in finding their best style and fit.
- Ensure that the retail facilities are clean, organized and productive to use, including end of day cleaning and as-needed cleaning.
- Check people out using our POS system.
- Process in-person returns.
- Ensure that our in-stock merchandise is organized, accounted for and easy to use.
- As needed, check-in inventory into our Shopify backend accurately.
- Work our annual in-person sample sale and other ongoing events.
- Work ongoing customer loyalty projects and events.
- As needed, coordinate with customer experience and production teams on any specific customer questions or special orders.
- As needed, assist with various studio projects.
- Contribute to the overall business culture and growth using our Culture Guide as a tool for self-reflection and an ongoing commitment to self-growth, the growth in others, and the growth of the company.
- Contribute to the overall culture and business growth by participating in or leading improvement committees and projects when needed.
- Great communication skills
- Great aesthetic eye
- Great collaboration skills
- Be committed to your own and other’s professional growth, be excited to learn new things and willing to get and give feedback
- You have worked with the public in some capacity
- You have worked in retail
Physical Demands: This position is a includes working on the shop floor and require the following physical demands:
- Walking and/or standing (about 5 hours per day)
- Ability to see detail
- Lifting up to 25 lbs
Classification & Core Hours
- We are looking for people who can work part time in 5-hour shifts, between 2-8 times per month.
- We are looking for people who can pick up 2-8 shifts per month.
- Available shifts: (Hours may vary depending on shop hours and seasonality)
- Thursdays ~12-5pm
- Fridays ~12-5pm
- Saturdays ~12-5pm
- Sundays ~12-5pm
- 1080 Illinois Street, San Francisco, CA
- In-person work only
Part time Employment Compensation & Benefits: More info will be provided about compensation and benefits during the interview process.
- Starting rate for this position is $23 per hour paid bimonthly.
- Sick hours accrued as per SF mandate.
- 10 company holidays for days you are regularly scheduled to work (you may need to work some holidays)
- Clog allowance and Employee discount
- Supervision provided by Retail Manager
Equity and Inclusion at Bryr:
- As part of our dedication to the diversity and inclusion of our workforce, Bryr Studio is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard to race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or other protected class.
- Our goal is to create a fair and equitable hiring process and we are constantly evolving our interview process to improve it. We are open to feedback if you have suggestions, please email us at email@example.com
2 ways to apply:
- Come by our Retail Hiring Meet and Greet event on Thursday, February 9th from 4-6pm. Read more about the event here.
- Send your resume with a short email introduction to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name in the subject + "PT Retail Associate"
Thank you for taking the time to apply to Bryr. Due to the quantity of applicants, we are unable to reply to all applicants. Thank you!