Manufacturing & Delivery team
Our Manufacturing & Delivery team is the backbone of our company, and we are looking to add individuals to our growing team who have an attention to detail, exceptional work ethic, and interest in working in product manufacturing. The Manufacturing team is responsible for delivering the highest quality products to our customers in a timely, safe and efficient manner.
The Bryr Manufacturing Trainee is a team player who loves to work with their hands in a job that is predominately physical. As a trainee, you will come into the position with a passion and proven skill for beautifully made products, but there is no requirement for technical experience in clog making. We are excited to teach you our processes and train you on how we make the best clogs in the world!
This job is meant for you if you’re a focused, efficient and detail-oriented person, who loves to make beautiful products and has no professional background in clog or shoe making. This is meant for you if you love refining your craft through repetition and continuous improvement. Our Manufacturing trainees thrive in team oriented places and love contributing to the success of the company.
People who prefer working solo, default to a ‘no’, lack self awareness, who are not open to feedback, and who do not prioritize quality, safety and efficiency need not apply.
As a Manufacturing Trainee, you will learn how to deliver the highest quality products to our customers in the most safe, efficient and productive way. You will participate in our 6-month paid technical training program. As a manufacturing teammate-in-training you will be responsible for mastering all our manufacturing techniques, including stapling, lasting, cutting, prep and finishing, and learning the basics of our materials and LEAN manufacturing.
You are part of a great team, and an important part of your job is collaborating productively with the whole team to meet your team's goals together. You will be trained on how we work together to deliver our product to our customers in a timely and efficient manner.
Ultimately, we are looking for someone who has a passion for making beautiful products, loves finding innovative solutions and helps to evolve the way we do things to make our products better and better, supports their coworkers, and is wholeheartedly enthusiastic about growing with our business. If this is you, we can’t wait to meet you!
CORE JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Through our in-house training program, learn all of our manufacturing processes safely, efficiently and to our high standards, including but not limited to cutting, stapling, prep, lasting and finishing.
- Once complete with training, execute our manufacturing processes, including but not limited to cutting, stapling, prep, lasting and finishing.
- Learn any new processes that we add to our production system, and give input to the continued evolution of our processes.
- Learn and execute our quality control of our production, including following our 360-bounce-back quality control process to ensure the best possible quality of our product.
- Contributes to keeping the production space and communal spaces clean, organized and safe for everyone to use.
- Contributes suggestions in how to make our processes and products evolve and improve over time.
- Assists with inventory intake: inspecting, receiving and recording materials, notifying production teammates when there are any issues or it’s time to reorder materials
- Contributes to the overall business culture and growth using our Culture Guide as a tool for self-reflection and an ongoing commitment to self-growth, the growth in others, and the growth of the company.
- Contributes to the overall culture and business growth by participating in or leading improvement committees and projects when needed.
- As needed, works at Bryr seasonal events
- Assists with other projects as they arise
- Be committed to your professional growth
- Be excited to learn new things and willing to get feedback
- Strong making skills and commitment to quality
- Be a team player
- Have a strong work ethic
- Proficiency in reading, writing and speaking English
- No computer skills required
- 1-2 years of experience building something with your hands in a personal or professional capacity is preferred .
On-the job Training
- Bryr provides a 6-month paid training program for candidates who join the team without prior clog-making experience. This training includes but is not limited to; clog lasting, stapling, cutting, preps, materials education, and LEAN practices. After the 6-month period, performance is reviewed and graduates are promoted to teammates with an applicable pay increase.
Physical Demands: This position is a manual job and involves physical labor, including but not limited to:
- Standing (approx 5-6 hours per day)
- Ability to see detail
- Lifting up to 25 lbs.
Classification & Hours
- Full time, 40 hours per week
- Monday-Friday 8:00am–4:30pm
Compensation & Benefits
We offer a benefits package to all our full time employees which commences after a 60 day probation period that includes the following. We will share more in-depth information regarding the benefits package during the interview process:
- Starting rate for this position is $23 per hour paid bimonthly and a transparent path to growth within the company (see below).
- 6-month paid training with the goal of being promoted to Manufacturing Teammate by the end of the 6-month period.
- Employee 401K profit sharing; company matches 100% of employee contributions up to the first 3% of pay and then 50% of employee contributions on the next 2% of pay
- Health, Dental and Vision benefits; company covers 60% of the premium and 40% of dependent coverage
- Life insurance and vision benefits; company covers 100% of the premium
- Employee accrued vacation pay, starting at 80 hours for 1st year and increasing to 120 hours on 2nd anniversary.
- Sick hours accrued as per SF mandate.
- 10 company holidays
- Commuter benefits
- Clog allowance and Friends & Family discount
- Supervision provided by Manufacturing and Delivery Manager
Equity and Inclusion at Bryr:
- As part of our dedication to the diversity and inclusion of our workforce, Bryr Studio is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard to race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or religion.
How to Apply
To apply, please send your resume as a .pdf, your LinkedIn, and a brief introduction to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “Manufacturing Teammate-in-training” in the email subject.
Thank you for your interest in our company and this position. We appreciate the time and effort it takes to apply for this job. Due to the quantity of applicants, we are unable to reply to all applicants. Thank you!