Please note, if you do not have clog making experience, we suggest applying for the Manufacturing trainee position.
The Team: Manufacturing & Delivery team
Our Manufacturing & Delivery team is the backbone of our company, and we are looking to add individuals to our growing team who have an attention to detail, exceptional work ethic, a love for hands-on manufacturing. The Manufacturing team is responsible for delivering the highest quality products to our customers in a timely and efficient manner.
The position: Manufacturing teammate
The manufacturing teammate position job is meant for you if you’re a focused, efficient and detail-oriented person, who loves to make beautiful products and has a professional background in clog or shoe making. This is meant for you if you love refining your craft through repetition and continuous improvement. Our Manufacturing teammates thrive in team oriented places and love contributing to the success of the company.
People who prefer working solo, default to a ‘no’, lack self awareness, who aren't committed to their own professional growth and who do not prioritize quality, safety and efficiency need not apply.
You are part of a great team, and an important part of your job is collaborating with the whole team to meet your team's goals productively. As part of a member of the Bryr team, you will be expected to work collaboratively, safely, efficiently and conscientiously with your teammates, our customers, vendors and community.
Ultimately, we are looking for someone who has a passion for making beautiful products, loves finding innovative solutions and helps to evolve the way we do things to make our products better and better, supports their coworkers, and is wholeheartedly enthusiastic about growing with our business. If this is you, we can’t wait to meet you!
CORE JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Executes all of our clog-making manufacturing processes safely, efficiently and to our standards, including but not limited to cutting, stapling, prep, lasting and finishing.
- Learn any new processes that we add to our production system, and give input to the continued evolution of our processes.
- Quality control of materials, including check-in, trouble-shooting and inspection of leather and bases.
- Quality control of our production, including following our 360-bounce-back quality control process to ensure the best possible quality of our product.
- Contributes to the production space and communal spaces clean, organized and safe for everyone to use.
- Assist with floor flow, including issuing tickets, racking up orders and general flow of the room.
- Assist with technical training and mentorship as needed.
- Monitors inventory levels and shares with Manufacturing Manager when we need to order.
- Assists with ordering, tracking, receiving, QC and storage of materials.
- Assists the production manager with machine and procedure research and installation as needed.
- Contributes suggestions in how to make our processes and products evolve and improve over time.
- Assists with inventory intake: inspecting, receiving and recording materials, notifying production teammates when there are any issues or it’s time to reorder materials
- Contributes to the overall business culture and growth using our Culture Guide as a tool for self-reflection and an ongoing commitment to self-growth, the growth in others, and the growth of the company.
- Contributes to the overall culture and business growth by participating in or leading improvement committees and projects when needed.
- As needed, work at Bryr seasonal events
- Assists with other projects as they arise
- Minimum 1 year experience in professional manufacturing of clogs
- Be committed to your professional growth and the growth of the company
- Be excited to learn new things and willing to receive and give feedback
- Have technical mastery of clog making techniques, including lasting, stapling, cutting, prep, finishing.
- Ability to make complete a well-made clog to our specifications within the allotted time.
- Technical understanding of materials, including leather and bases.
- Proficiency in reading, writing and speaking English
- Additional experience: professional manufacturing of leather goods, cut and sew garments, home goods or other applicable product
- Computer literacy
This position is a manual job and involves physical labor, including but not limited to:
- Standing (approx 5-6 hours per day)
- Ability to see detail
- Lifting up to 25 lbs.
Classification & Hours
- Full time, 40 hours per week
- Monday-Friday 8:00am–4:30pm
- Location: 1078 Illinois Street, San Francisco, CA
- The position is located at our headquarters in the Dogpatch Area of San Francisco, and is in-person.
Compensation & Benefits
We offer a benefits package to all our full time employees which commences after a 60 day probation period that includes the following. We will share more in-depth information regarding the benefits package during the interview process:
- Starting pay for this position is $25/hour paid bi-monthly
- We share a transparent path to growth within the company, including pay grid range information
- Employee 401K profit sharing; company matches 100% of employee contributions up to the first 3% of pay and then 50% of employee contributions on the next 2% of pay
- Health, Dental and Vision benefits; company covers 60% of the premium and 40% of dependent coverage
- Life insurance and vision benefits; company covers 100% of the premium
- Employee accrued vacation pay, starting at 80 hours for 1st year and increasing to120 hours on 2nd anniversary
- Sick hours accrued as per SF mandate
- 10 company holidays including 1 floating holiday
- Commuter benefits
- Quarterly clog allowance and Friends & Family discount.
- Supervision provided by Manufacturing Manager
Equity and Inclusion at Bryr:
- As part of our dedication to the diversity and inclusion of our workforce, Bryr Studio is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard to race, ethnicity, gender, protected veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion or other protected class.
- Our goal is to create a fair and equitable hiring process and we are constantly evolving our interview process to improve it. We are open to feedback if you have suggestions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Apply
To apply, please send your resume with short email introduction to email@example.com. Please include your name in the subject, along with the position you are applying for.
Thank you for your interest in our company and this position. We appreciate the time and effort it takes to apply for this job. Due to the quantity of applicants, we are unable to reply to all applicants. Thank you!