Freelance Pattern Maker/Technical Designer
FREELANCE PATTERN-MAKER/TECHNICAL DESIGNER:
We are looking for a freelance pattern maker to assist us with short term small goods and shoe pattern-making projects.
- Make fit improvements to current patterns and blocks
- Create new patterns from sketches and direction from the design director
- Attend fittings with designer and make adjustments as needed
- Track fit changes
- Copy patterns and send out to our die-maker
- Communicate with design team as needed
- Advice production team as needed on construction details
Must have meticulous attention to detail, good communication skills, be able to deliver on-schedule. Must be able to meet work with us in person at our dogpatch studio for fittings and design consultations.
Must have at least 5 years experience in technical design/patternmaking, working with leather and/or sewn goods.
Prior experience in shoe pattern-making preferred
Classification & Compensation
- This is a freelance, contract position
- This position is paid hourly
- Paid rate as per experience
How to apply: Please send your resume as a .pdf and a brief introduction to email@example.com. Include your name “- Pattern maker” in email subject.
Our studio is located in Dogpatch in San Francisco. All fittings must take place in person at our studio, however it is possible for you to do your work at our studio or at your own studio.
Equal Opportunity workplace: Bryr is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.